28 October 2009

For the Troops (13/365) Donate frequent flier miles


I don't know about you all, but I get that periodic letter from the frequent flier miles program telling me to buy magazines or lose my miles. I usually lose them

Here's something better to do with miles: Donate them to troops' families.

There are many organizations accepting miles, but one of the easiest ways is to donate them through Fisher House:

http://www.fisherhouse.org

Visit their Hero Miles Program Here:

http://www.fisherhouse.org/programs/heroMiles

Through the generous donations of many individual Americans, they have been able to give more than 18,000 tickets worth $25 million to troops' families. Many times the trips they take are from home to a military treatment facility to visit a spouse undergoing treatment for wounds received in combat. Helping families when they need us is a way to thank them for the sacrifices they have made for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thank you for your interest in my blog. I welcome all comments, but please keep it safe for all viewers.