15 February 2010

Troops help seven-year-old boy injured during fighting in Marjah

I want to share this story:

The troops in Afghanistan are conducting an offensive on Marjah. This weekend, a seven-year-old boy named Sayd was shot in the crossfire, receiving a wound to the lower chest. His father and a friend transported him over rough terrain to a NATO base near Badula Qulp. A Canadian troop and soldiers of the US 23rd of 4 loaded the boy into a Stryker and worked quickly to stabilize him. He was transported by a medevac from the British facility, Camp Bastion.

I hope to read of his recovery soon.

Source of all photos: AP via this site:







1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris,
    I shared this over on Facebook! I'm so sorry he was shot. I'm awfully glad the soldiers were so responsive.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for your interest in my blog. I welcome all comments, but please keep it safe for all viewers.