12 November 2009

Delayed Veteran's day wishes, and a book!

Well, it's midnight on the 12th, and I'm finally getting a chance to write.

It has been a string of busy days that have had me operating past 10pm. Today, I attended a day-long seminar entitled "The Geisinger Experience" so I have had a week full of both theory and practice!

Thank you to all the kind friends who wished me a happy Veteran's Day. I would like to echo those sentiments and express the admiration and appreciation my family and I have for veterans past and present.

I want to call attention to one veteran in particular. Dr. Harriet Hall is a retired Air Force physician:

http://www.skepdoc.info/

She was the second woman ever to have an Air Force residency. Her long military career spanned many stations across the globe. She worked as a flight surgeon and as a family practitioner. She broke barriers and paved the way for doctors like me and my colleagues.

You can read about her experiences in her book:

Women Aren't Supposed to Fly: The Memoirs of a Female Flight Surgeon

It is available here on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Women-Arent-Supposed-Fly-Memoirs/dp/0595499589/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214358450&sr=8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thank you for your interest in my blog. I welcome all comments, but please keep it safe for all viewers.